Child Tax Credit

If you need to update your personal banking information, or opt-out of the Child Tax Credit advanced payments, you will require access to the IRS’s online portal. Should you not have an account already, you will have to verify your identity through the third-party service

If both you and your spouse file as “married filing jointly” and wish to opt-out of the advanced payments, you both must register online using your individual information.

Registering for this service is relatively simple and can be done in under 10 minutes.

To verify your identity, you will need to have the items on hand.

  • Photo ID (Driver’s license, passport, passport card, or state ID)
  • Mobile Phone with front facing camera
  • Laptop or computer with webcam (optional)
  • Social Security number

You will also need to have an email ready to use, so you can activate 2-step verification throughout the process and verify your account.

The service provider has created a step by step guide on how to verify your identity for the Child Tax Credit.  Click here to view. For more information please visit the IRS Child Tax Credit Portal page or contact us at 401-831-0200.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *