Principal Laura Da Fonseca has completed the U.S. International Tax Certification program with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, earning her a badge distinction. The U.S. International Tax Certificate is a comprehensive program that helps global finance and accounting professionals navigate and understand the highly complex world of international taxation. The program is made up of a three-part series: 1) core concepts 2) inbound and outbound transactions and 3) advanced issues, Laura has mastered the essential principles and concepts to building and applying her knowledge of complex topics.
The program was developed in partnership with Grant Thornton. The self-study, online, certificate program is valuable for those professionals who need to understand the complexities of international taxation. Laura is now prepared to:
- Appropriately plan for and ensure compliance with applicable tax regulations within your jurisdiction and globally.
- Identify the issues related to international tax and provide appropriate solutions to your clients.
- Apply the knowledge and skills needed to operate your business effectively and efficiently on a global scale.
Laura has also learned how to:
- Distinguish the differences between various types of global tax systems and certain characteristics of each
- Recognize how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has impacted international taxation
- Identify detailed rules covering sourcing, withholding and compliance issues
- Recognize the Foreign Tax Credit Rules and key concepts
- Identify the accepted transfer pricing methods and when it’s appropriate to use them
- Recall how U.S. tax treaties determine U.S. tax residency and how it impacts eligibility under the treaty.
For more information, or help with your international tax questions, please contact Laura Da Fonseca at 401-831-0200.