Today, IRS launched a new web tool allowing taxpayers who normally don’t file a return to quickly register for the Economic Impact Payments. The feature is available on the IRS.gov landing page. Click on ‘Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here‘. That page gives you summary of the information you will need before accessing the ‘Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here‘ link. Here is the information you will need to provide:
- Full name, current mailing address and an email address
- Date of birth and valid Social Security number
- Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier in the year, if you have one
- Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
- For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse.
After entering all your information, you will receive an e-mail from Customer Service at Free File Fillable Forms that either acknowledge you successfully submitted your information, or lets you know there was a problem with the information entered and how to fix it. Once you successfully submit your information, the software will automatically complete a Form 1040 and transmit it to the IRS to compute and send you a payment.
Please contact us with questions.