Today, IRS launched a new web tool allowing taxpayers who normally don’t file a return to quickly register for the Economic Impact Payments. The feature is available on the landing page. Click on ‘Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here‘. That page gives you summary of the information you will need before accessing the ‘Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here‘ link. Here is the information you will need to provide:

  • Full name, current mailing address and an email address
  • Date of birth and valid Social Security number
  • Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
  • Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier in the year, if you have one
  • Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
  • For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse.

After entering all your information, you will receive an e-mail from Customer Service at Free File Fillable Forms that either acknowledge you successfully submitted your information, or lets you know there was a problem with the information entered and how to fix it. Once you successfully submit your information, the software will automatically complete a Form 1040 and transmit it to the IRS to compute and send you a payment.

Please contact us with questions.

January 14, 2021

My problem is that i didn`t get my payment for corona help!!!
i was to late in putting my request in. what do i have to do to get my relief?
I would like any help I can get. Thank you!!!

January 14, 2021

The IRS uses information provided by any federal agency that issued benefits to you. The agency could have been the Social Security Administration, Veteran Affairs or the Railroad Retirement Board. Unfortunately, the IRS no longer has the IRS Non-Filers tool, which allowed you to enter information to get an Economic Impact Payment. If you received a first economic impact payment, there is nothing for you to do.

If you don’t get a payment and you are eligible to receive one, you can file a 2020 tax return and claim a Recovery Rebate Credit. Best of luck and thank you for your question.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *