The Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council (IRSAC) recently made their annual recommendations to the IRS on new and continuing issues in tax administration. The report covers over 20 issue recommendations across a broad range of topics, such as:
- Accelerating the use of e-Signatures in Federal Tax Administration
- Guidance relating to the Tax Cuts and Job Act
- Establishing safe harbors by relying on certain conclusion of independent parties
- Broadening and improving a self-correction program for tax-exempt bonds
- Improving customer experience and service delivery
- Form W-4 2020 version
The IRSAC is a federal advisory committee whose purpose is to serve as an advisory body to the Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service. The IRSAC provides an organized public forum for discussions and constructive observations between IRS officials and representation from the public on relevant tax administration issues. This includes current and proposed IRS policies, programs and procedures.
You can view the 2019 IRSAC Public Report, which reside on the IRS website [here].