Bill’s 45+ years in practice may grant him senior status, but he’s still one of the most vibrant, active and most respected professionals in the accounting profession. His extensive background covers not only technical financial accounting matters, but also general business dealings, succession issues of closely held businesses, business valuations and litigation support, and real estate development issues. A lifelong Rhode Island resident, Bill has been active in numerous social, professional, political and civic organizations.
In 2006, the RI Society of Certified Public Accountants awarded Bill the Distinguished Service to the Profession Award. Bill received this award as part of the Society’s Centennial celebration and was chosen by his peers in the accounting profession to receive this high honor.
Graduating Summa Cum Laude from Bryant College in 1964, Bill received the Gold Key award for highest honor to an accounting major. In December of 1997, Bill received the Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) designation.
Awards & Accomplishments
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants honored Bill with the “Distinguished Service to the Profession Award.”
Professional Associations and Activities
- RI Society of CPAS- Served on Board of Directors and as President (1981-1982)
- National Association of Accountants, Providence Chapter- Served on Board of Directors and as President
- American Institute of CPA’s- Served on Area Legislative Committee and on Council (1993-1996)
- Board of Management of Barrington YMCA- Past Chairman of the Board
- Rhode Island Country Club- Past President and Member of the Board of Governors for 17 years
- Past Treasurer, Golf Foundation of RI, Button Hole
- Treasurer and Board Member of the Barrington Citizens Scholarship Foundation
- Treasurer and Member of the Board of Trustees of the Providence Public Library
- Holy Angels Church Parish Council
- Past Treasurer of the Barrington Heart Fund
- Secretary and Treasurer of Renaissance 2000