Sharon could serve as a role model for many young accountants as she achieved her partnership while actively raising her two children. At P&G, she co-directs the Audit and Accounting Department. Her background has provided her with extensive knowledge covering not only technical financial accounting matters, but also general business dealings with audit, accounting and tax engagements. Specific industry expertise includes manufacturing, health care, professional service and non-profit organizations. Besides family and work, she’s totally committed to Providence College and is the alumnus every school would love to have. In 2010, Providence College honored Sharon with The Dr. William A. McDonnell Award. Named after the late Dr. William A. McDonnell, this award is given to individuals who have given unselfishly of themselves to further the cause of Providence College.
Sharon earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Providence College in 1983. She has been able to balance her career with raising a family and remaining active in the community. Sharon remains involved with Providence College, serving as Vice-Chair of the Providence College President’s Council.
Awards & Accomplishments
- Providence College honored Sharon with the “Dr. William A. McDonnell Award.”
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants honored Sharon with the “President’s Award.”
Professional Associations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Vice-Chair of the Providence College President’s Council
- Treasurer Highland Country Club WGA
- Current member of Hockomock YMCA Board of Incorporators
- Past member of the Board of Directors Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chair of the Continuing Professional Education and Scholarship Committees, Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants (RISCPA)
- Past Lifespan Audit and Compliance Committee
- Chair of and Mentor in the Providence College Executive Mentor Program
- Co-Class Representative, Providence College Class of 1983
- Co-Chairperson, Providence College Class of 1983 Reunion Committee
- Past Board Member and Treasurer, Board of Governors – Providence College National Alumni Assoc.
- Past President, Women’s Involvement Network – Providence College
- Former Treasurer of Volunteers in Providence Schools
- Member of Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Providence College Mal Brown Club Dr. William A. McDonnell
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants’ President’s Award