Mike joined Piccerelli, Gilstein & Company, LLP in 1979 and is responsible for a variety of audit and tax clients concentrating in closely held businesses, real estate entities and their unique reporting and tax problems. He has a strong background in areas of accounting such as LIFO inventory, goodwill and fixed asset impairment analysis and advises clients on mergers and acquisitions. He focuses on assisting clients with the intricacies of buy-sell agreements and general business practices such as budgeting, debt restructuring and corporate operations.
Mike graduated from Bryant College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting in 1979. In 1996, he received his Information Systems Certification from Roger Williams University. In 2006, he earned the Certified Information Technology Professional designation from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. In 2008, Mike earned a Master of Business Administration degree from Providence College.
Professional Associations and Activities
- Former Chairman of the R.I. Coastal Resources Management Council
- Former member of R.I. Board of Governors for Higher Education
- Member of Steering Committee – Governor’s Narragansett Bay & Watershed Commission
- Member of Leadership R.I. Phi Class 2001
- Member of University Club
- Former member of Finance Committee – Leadership R.I.
- Past President and Treasurer of the Newport-on-Shore Marina Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Chairman, R.I. Society of Certified Public Accountants Cooperation with Legal Profession Committee