John’s versatility is remarkable. Not only is he one of the most respected accountants in the region but he’s also an accomplished guitarist with his own CD as well as a rabid Celtics fan. He joined Piccerelli, Gilstein & Company, LLP as a partner in 1980 after a “tour of duty” at Haskins & Sells (Deloitte & Touche) an international accounting firm. Prior to that he served as a Controller in private industry and as the Director of a national non-profit Organization.
John is responsible for important audit and tax client issues for closely held businesses and non-profit organizations.
John earned a Bachelor’s degree from Providence College in 1968 and in 1981, received a Master of Science in Taxation degree from Bryant College. In addition, in 1996 he earned a Certificate of Educational Achievement from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Business Valuation Program. John is also a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and is Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV).
Awards & Accomplishments
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants honored John with the “Mission Award.”
Professional Associations and Activities
- R.I. Society of Certified Public Accountants, Vice President, Board of Directors
- State of R.I. Board of Accountancy, Former Chairman
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation AnalystsJohn frequently lectures on a variety of tax and accounting topics for professional organizations and educational institutions. John is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Maine.