Cover Letter with Resume
Does it really make a difference? Absolutely.
Your cover letter is your first chance to make a good impression. It allows you to introduce yourself, lets you display your personality and writing skills and tells the reader why you feel your qualified for the position that’s open.
- Personalize each letter you send.
- Be creative. It’s your chance to demonstrate a little of your personality.
- Don’t put all the information that’s in you resume in your letter.
- Tell why you believe you’re uniquely qualified for the job.
- Include skills that you possess that are not included in the resume and explain how they would be assets in your new job.
- Mention awards or honors that you’ve received.
- If you’re moving from another job, explain why you’ve made this decision.
- Make sure you tell the recruiter how and when to reach you.